Monday, November 16, 2009

Forsaken Stars Monday, November 16, 2009

Issue 1, Page 17
Azzi relents under Captain Sera Besh's bluff(?) that she's willing to blow up her ship rather than give him passage. He acknowledges her crazy and asks if they might retreat to more comfortable surroundings and have a civil discussion, but Sera simply wants him off her ship. Azzi asks for his ring back, but she pockets it.

So I thought I'd offer quick page summaries here on the blog, and follow them up with whatever commentary might be appropriate to the given visuals. Hopefully this should make the blog more valuable to you, Dear Reader, and further motivate me to actually keep up with the blog side of things and not let it slide until something momentous happens.

Of course, I did write this issue about eight years ago, and began illustrating it not too soon after that, so I may be a little hazy on the why's, how's and wherefor's. Still, the second half of this issue is only about four years old, so it shouldn't be too tough, right?

I do remember having a tough time with the backgrounds on this page. Perspective and landscapes are my weakest areas--it's why I didn't become a comic book artist fifteen, even ten years ago. But I thoroughly enjoyed writing the first encounter between the 1000s year old cultured vampire and the ballsy, street-tough 19-ish year old girl space captain. And how frustrating it is for him to not get his way, despite all his powers of manipulation and self-imposed humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment