Monday, October 5, 2009

About a Page Per Day

The thumbnails are done for issue #2, and considering I started sometime at the end of August, that averages out to about a page per day. And while about half of them are finished pencils, that still leaves a lot of drawing to be done, and I have to admit I will most likely want to ink every page before it's scanned. (I'm thinking of leaving flashbacks in pencil.) Only then will I feel comfortable putting in the word balloons, captions, etc. I sure hope it doesn't take another month to complete this issue. The big comic book publishers like to be at least six issues ahead of the issue they're putting out, and even independents like to be two to three months ahead. So that's where I'm trying to get before I feel like I can relax. Looks like 'personal time' is going to take the hit for awhile, but most of my friends and family are pretty busy themselves these days. But at least I can say I've got a solid visual layout for issue two down!

No comments:

Post a Comment