Sunday, September 13, 2009

Issue #3 Cover In Color!

I had a feeling that the cover to the third issue would be best served by color. I've always wanted Forsaken Stars to be a black and white comic. Have you ever seen the old Star Wars comic strips inked by the great Al Williamson? He inked a few of the Star Wars Marvel Comics back in the 80s too, and I've always loved the textures and contrasts he could evoke with simple black and white. I should have cultivated the ability to ink with a brush, but alas, I spent my formative years using #2 pencils and black fine felt tipped Pilot pens. These days I tend to use Gilette .7 mm gel ink writers and Pilot V2 .5 mm pens. Or, I'll just mess with the brightness and contrast on a drawing after it's been scanned, with whatever software is on my comp. But now that Forsaken Stars is on the net, color will be a valuable tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment